Take a look at our most popular case study, based on proven bulk fluidization success systems.
Overall the test was very successful, discharging the 22 MT in 1 hr and 12 mins. The Fluidization System proved to be so effective at accelerating the discharge rate of the product and increase the loading speed of 248%, that the rotary valve was overwhelmed by the inflow of product, exceeding its transfer capability.
Product: Semolina Flour
LA MODERNA GROUP, a flour manufacturer in Mexico, was not able to satisfy their export requirements to deliver semolina flour in bulk into their customers’ big processor silos due to the compaction of the product inside of the container. This made it impossible to discharge it at the destination in bulk form with the traditional container tilting equipment and techniques.
As a consequence, their operations were burdened by the cost of super-sacks and their intensive bagging, de-bagging, storing, and handling operation, in general, at both ends. It was estimated that such inefficient operations were causing an additional $24/MT cost. This extra cost represented a great barrier to expand their client export customer base and endangered the contracts with their current customers as well.
BULK-FLOW presented LA MODERNA with a bulk container liner that features a patented built-in fluidizing air bed. In combination with portable ultra-high frequency vibrators, the fluidizing air bed greatly reduced the tilting angle required to discharge the product and produced a fast discharge flow rate from the container directly into the end user’s silo.
After the flow ability study conducted at SYCSA’s pneumatics lab, it was determined that the high cohesiveness of the semolina flour particles was deemed necessary for the use of ultra-high frequency portable vibrators that break the initial compaction of the semolina flour when it is delivered. The combination of both the air bed fluidization and the mechanical shaking provided by the portable vibrators, greatly reduced the tilting angle needed for the product to start flowing out of the container and the speed of the discharge rate.
Overall the test was very successful discharging the 22 MT in 1 hr and 12 mins. The Fluidization System proved to be so effective at accelerating the discharge rate of the product that the rotary valve was overwhelmed by the inflow of product, exceeding its transfer capability.
BULK-FLOW´s Fluidizing Liner enabled LA MODERNA Group to satisfy their customer requirements to shipping semolina flour as containerized bulk without issues in the transfer of the product from the container into their customer´s silos.
Now LA MODERNA Group is able to deliver the containerized bulk product door-to-door for the first time, resulting in the following:
- Total Logistics cost reduction of around 41%.
- Packaging cost reduction of 77% by switching from 25kg bags to bulk container liners.
- Bagging/loading/warehousing cost reduction of 78% from 25kg bags to bulk container liners that do not require any bagging liners or warehouse operations to be loaded.
- Freight cost reduction of 8% due to the increased payload that bulk liners provide.
- Substantial savings for their customers on the receiving end as they do not contend with any warehouse operations and the product is unloaded directly from the container into the silo.
- Reduction and automation of the handling resulting in higher quality semolina flour at the delivery point, avoiding contamination and degradation.